• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kudos Type System

I DID see the original version ...

Comment

Does it say why you got/lost the Kudos? The person should put comments...
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well this is sort of redundant as their is no kudo's system anymore
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
          Well this is sort of redundant as their is no kudo's system anymore
          I noticed that, so will they bring it back ever and if they do will the numbers reset?
          My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If I reinstate the Kudos system, I will first look for a way to add the ability to leave a comment when giving or taking points.

Comment

Will all the numbers from before be reset? Why did you take it off?

Anyways, does the forum software come with that feature or did someone program it in? (Are the the owner, you are admin, are you the big guy here?)

Comment

Open Source is our Moderator In Chief, and we're lucky to have him!

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
                  Open Source is our Moderator In Chief, and we're lucky to have him!
                  Whats moderator in Cheif, is that the highest position?

Put it this way, is he Zack Brantley?

Comment

It means that Open Source is the owner of the site and the administrator. He removed the Kudos Type System due to another discussion, which I'm partly responsible for...

I'm still trying to think of a way to implement something like the Kudos System with the side effects... Maybe a compulsory per vote (give or take) would be good enough. I do think if it does come back, the counters should be reset just to give everyone a fair start. I could be wrong of course.
                    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Open Source, I'm sure, if he feels that the community that is this forum, wants strongly enough, some form of rating system, then he will seriously consider putting one back in place. However, if he does not wish to do so, that is completely up to him - this site exists because he chooses to host it (and doing so isn't FREE - he does pay, and we benefit as a result -- THANK YOU Open Source! )

I do feel, as I previously stated, that some form of rating the effectiveness of a topic/thread does have value. Maybe a rating option such as:

This was helpful to me [check here] (positive vote)
                      This was not helpful to me [check here] (negative vote)

This kind of rating would have to be much like the Kudos that we had. But, I would then add to that concept (if it is possible) so that the thread itself adds up the positives and negative - a running total - that could be used by a viewer to quickly decide if it was worth reviewing. In essence, if the thread had more positives than negatives, ... I think you get my concept.
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Maybe we can have 2 different rating/grading system. I believe that one of the reasons that the Kudos System was suggested was to see how much a thread was useful. But the way it is implemented, it becomes a rating for the person, not the thread. So rating the usefulness of a thread (like reviews in Amazon) might be beneficial as well.
                        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
                        X