This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using this site with a VPN

I had to turn it off to log in, I got an error message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210303_070631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	649719
    Linux since 2008, Kubuntu 20.10
    *ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
    *AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
    *G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM -- Asus GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

Did you follow the link as directed?

many VPNs can get 'blacklisted' when naughty bots use a particular provider's IP address(es) to do their dirty work
    The admin dude can make an adjustment for yours using info from the trouble ticket link.

Comment

I did not follow the link, what if I change the VPN server location, won't it give me the same error?
      Linux since 2008, Kubuntu 20.10
      *ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
      *AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
      *G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM -- Asus GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

Comment

To access KFN from my work's office using Tapatalk, I have to use my VPN, PIA. (I could disconnect from the wi-fi but at the phone signal is very poor in most places, including at my desk; we have lots of mobile network devices.) The PIA servers that work with KFN fluctuate from week to week.

I've learned (albeit slowly) that if Tapatalk is having trouble connecting to KFN to give up immediately. Having Tapatalk retry a lot just gets the black deeper and more indelible, to extend the blacklist metaphor.

When I've had such trouble, snowhog has always been very responsive and helpful.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
        X