This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait Between Posts?

This happened consistently some time back and then it went away on it's own and now it's doing it again.

I noticed that when I click post, it takes longer then it should for the post and then it takes me to the screen saying that I need to wait xx seconds between posts, when it's been quite a bit since my last post. Sometimes minutes, sometimes hrs. I'm wondering if something is going on on the website end that's making the site "think" I'm posting in quick succession? Right before I'm doing this post, I posted in the USB burning software thread and it told me the same thing, waited and then clicked post again and then it told me it was a duplicate post.

Thoughts?
    Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

What browser are you using? What add-ons (or such) is it using? Have you cleared your caches lately? What ever it is, it isn't us (KFN).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

FF 68.0.2, just an ad block add on.

I clear out the cache after every session (sometimes up wards of 8 times a day depending on how I'm using the internet that day), using both FF to clear out history/cache and bleachbit.

Comment

Can you try another browser just so you can see if, or if not, the same thing happens?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It happens sporadically, without a reason that I can see, to me on Firefox 68.0.2.
          Two thing:
          - If it does, ignore it. just to to the top of the page and click on the thread link, you'll see you post. If you're afraid to lose what you wrote, open in new tab - or CTRl-A, Ctrl.C :·)
          - If you go through "Go Advanced", it never does it.

Comment

Still. It seems to be a known vbulletin issue.
            It also seems they're sort of refusing to acknowledge it.
            If you google "vbulletin wait x seconds between posts", you'll mostly see replies (by support) like "You possibly made a post in the future, the time server could have been off."

Comment

See? I made two posts here without "going advanced", and no errors.
              I made one in the other thread (without going advanced) and I got it. Sure enough, the post was there.

And time between posts has nothing to do with it, I get it even if I haven't posted for a day or so.

[EDIT] And sure enough, I went Advanced, posted immediately, and no error.

Comment

I've gone to advanced a few times, but never really took notice as if that was a work around or not. It just seems to come in fits, so I wasn't able to isolate it to if it was just in "Quick Reply" or in "Go Advanced". I'll have to keep that in mind.

Comment

Nice thread!
                  Well, as folks KNOW... sadly...my posts can be VERY "long winded"... lol

I have "quite often" received a message that the "bulletin board" has "timed out" when i was INADVERTENTLY typing in "quick reply"...

Fortunately, I can ...usually...just 'back arrow" and the text is there, i copy it and paste it to a word processor and start over.

But, it has NEVER happened on using "go advanced" option.

woodsmoke

Comment

I've seen this also, and suspect that it is an artifact of my mouse doing a double click (bounce). No proof and it does not happen often enough to test. This is not the only forum in which this happened.
                    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Nah, it's just a known vbulletin issue.
                      Basically, you need to know...

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                      Two things:
                      - If it does, ignore it. Just go to the top of the page and click on the thread link, you'll see your post. If you're afraid to lose what you wrote, open in new tab - or CTRl-A, Ctrl.C :·)
                      - If you go through "Go Advanced", it never does it.

[EDIT] Of course, if you go through "Go Advanced", you'll lose your smilies. Unless:
                      a) you uncheck " Disable smilies in text" (which is default in Advanced).
                      b) you get your smilies from SMF
                      Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Sep 03, 2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

What? Lose my smilies? Never!
                        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                          Nah, it's just a known vbulletin issue.
                          Basically, you need to know...

[EDIT]
                          b) you get your smilies from SMF
                          LOL I AM JUST SO ####$% STUPID!!

I NEVER knew that!

woody

Comment

Working...
                          X