This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu user counter

Well, the title tells it all I really wonder how many people use Kubuntu.

Re: Kubuntu user counter

well this might be tough to do. You could post a poll, but that doesn't mean everyone will vote. Or the number of kubuntu downloads could be posted, but that wouldn't be exact. There is no real way of knowing how many people use kubuntu. Consider the guy with 10 boxes all running kubuntu he is only one guy but does each box count? I will see what kind of information I can dig up on that topic.

Comment

I think he/she wants somethings like: http://counter.li.org/

~ Patrick

Comment

Oh ok. Maybe we can write something up like that. What do you think Patrick?

Comment

It would rock...but I don't know how to do it.

Comment

Well, you could do it by downloads, but that wouldn't be accurate.

What you can do, is on the initial Kubuntu desktop load, you can either make a popup-type thing that asks if the user wants to help count the number of Kubuntu users, or you can make an icon on the desktop.

I personally like the pop-up, but there's one flaw with this. You'd have started counting too late, because Kubuntu has had previous versions, and we can't account for people who haven't upgraded.

Also, you can post on your homepage (like kubuntu.org) in a sidebar or something: Become a registered kubuntu user, it's free!
            <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

We're thinking about it.

BTW: Don't people hate pop-ups?

Comment

Well, don't you get the welcome to Windows thing on a Windows install? This will be like that, except, Welcome to Kubuntu!
                <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
                X