Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragging pics into a thread is a real mess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging pics into a thread is a real mess.

I wrote a post yesterday and added 4 pics to it by dragging and dropping them in. Then, in an effort to make the post more readable, tried to change the thumbnaiil size. Each click on a thumbnail size (small, medium. etc) duplicated the pic in the post. At one point I had 11 images on the post even though I had only added 4. Then clicking "remove" on the duplicates often removed the one I wanted to keep because there is no way to tell which entry in the list refers to which image other than the filename - which at one point I had 3 of the same filename.

Eventually, I deleted them all and added them back one at a time, changed the thumbnail size, deleted one of the now two entries for the pic until I guessed the right one, then saved the post and edited it to add the next one in and repeat all the steps. Once I had all four pics finally at the size I wanted, I saved and viewed the post. Even though I saw only 4 images when editing the post, there were 8 in the finished product - 4 at "medium" as I wanted but at the bottom were 4 full-size images as well. A final edit allowed me to select the full-size images and delete them one at a time.

A 5 minute post turned into 20 minutes of frustration.

Clearly, although the forum software allows you to drag a pic into a post you really should avoid doing it unless you are absolutely sure the resulting image size is what you want. Although it's several more steps to use the "Upload Attachments" button, it's much less frustrating.

Please Read Me

Life ain't perfect.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

A 5 minute post turned into 20 minutes of frustration.
      Can certainly relate to THAT remark!
      Not necessarily at KFN, but almost everywhere nowadays,
      even placing a simple order at Amazon with its flip-flopping option offerings ... haha 👍
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X