This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private messages limits changed or??

I just tried to send a PM but got a "box full" error. WHen I checked my sent messages, it said I had 57 of an allowed 50! TO make matters worse, I had to delete almost all of them and with only 3 now in the send box, it still says I have 50.

Obviously, something is wrong.

Please Read Me

I wish you had contacted me before you deleted stuff.

I've increased the limit to 150 for Valued Contributor members.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. No biggie. I kept the couple that were needed - personal info from other members that I might meet when I'm on the road.

I thought the "57 of 50" warning could be problematic though.

Please Read Me

Comment

Paul, you might want to look deeper, here's what my sent box says now:

Sent Items contains 3 messages. You have 51 messages stored, of a total 150 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Please Read Me

Comment

Oops! Nevermind - 51 is the total of ALL messages, not just those in the sent box. I have 48 in my Inbox, so the math's right.

Please Read Me

Comment

It's likely a cache thing. Many aspects of vBulletin are controlled by CRON jobs. It is possible Private Message 'counts' are so controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              Oops! Nevermind - 51 is the total of ALL messages, not just those in the sent box. I have 48 in my Inbox, so the math's right.
              Good to know that 1+1 equals 2 here, and not 11!

Comment

I thought it was 10

Comment

Yeah, I made a poor assumption that "messages stored" meant in the box I was viewing - not the total, and we know what assume does...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by mparillo View Post
                    I thought it was 10
                    Right? Boy, if the message had been "Sent Items contains 00000011 messages. You have 00110011 messages stored, of a total 10010110 allowed. " I would have really been befuddled!

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, I got that a few days back trying to get with Vinny...

Comment

All members showing the Valued Contributer badge have their PM limits now set to 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                          All members showing the Valued Contributer badge have their PM limits now set to 150.
                          And for members it seems.

Edit: Although now I think on it, I don't recall if that has changed.
                          Last edited by acheron; Dec 08, 2016, 07:32 PM.
                          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

No, Established users; those who have confirmed their registration; have a limit of 50.

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                              And for members it seems.

Edit: Although now I think on it, I don't recall if that has changed.
                              Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                              No, Established users; those who have confirmed their registration; have a limit of 50.
                              I meant kubuntu members, rather than forum members, but it doesn't really matter. I am at 150 now, whether or not that was the case before.
                              On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
                              X