This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Captcha sucks...

I would have to say that the current Captcha must go. It took me atleast 10 tries to get past it.

If your into hacking the Captcha yourself the main part is ok, but the one part that I had a problem with was just a line(it just looks like a l or an I, but neither of those worked, it sent me a captcha with the same line in it a few times and I tried a bunch of things for that letter but couldn't figure out what it was).

If I knew more about SMF I would help you, but I am a phpBB modder. 8)

Re: Current Captcha sucks...

Ok I changed it to use Times New Roman font now. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

It is much better now, thanks.

Comment

I think this may need revisiting: in Konquerer, Kubuntu's default browser, the CAPTCHA doesn't appear to work - not good for new users. (I tried to upload a snapshot, but this forum won't let me.)

Comment

What format of snapshot did you try to upload? Could you explain what doesn't work about? Is the image not appearing, or when you submit the form does it not go through?

Comment

Should have been more specific - sorry. Tried to upload a JPEG, likely less than 100Kb, and the forum complained about having insufficient space.

Comment

You can upload the image here:
              http://bayimg.com/

Comment

Sorry for the long delay, however I am in Africa at this time, so internet is hard to come by. I made some changes to settings so I am going to test this issue real quick with one of the pix I took yesterday.

OS
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it just worked for me. Try it again with your image if you don't mind. Thanks.

OS

Comment

Oh dear, well I've just gone to the registration screen, and it is now working! Must've been a blip or something... I even loaded and refreshed the "index.php?action=verificationcode;rand=xxx" URL to check at the time, and it definitely wasn't generating. Oh well, it is fine now - apologies for appearing to cry wolf!

Meanwhile if the image upload feature works for you, I am sure it will be fine for me. Two phantom problems for the price of one!

Comment

Haha, thats great to hear. I always like self fixing problems.

Thanks,

OS

Comment

hi,thank you very much for looking into the matter .I also had faced same problem while registering to your forum .I think it is quite easy to be the member of your forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X