Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just added a fifth date option. The ISO format, YYYY-MM-DD. Heh, this stuff ain't so hard!

Comment

Splendid. Simply splendid.

It's "Today, 23:46".
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

And this thread was started on "2012-08-25, 12:57".

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          I just added a fifth date option. The ISO format, YYYY-MM-DD. Heh, this stuff ain't so hard!
          Hehe. Cool. We thinks we like this.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Having some fun. One more date format and two more time formats for you.

I'll stop now

Comment

Saw that. I PM'd you about documenting code changes. I already documented the other changes you made. But if you will take a look at the code and ensure that I did find them all.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                And this thread was started on "2012-08-25, 12:57".
                Same action in another view:
                Thread started: 2012 34 237, 1345917459

The first notation is somewhat understandable: year, week, day, but the second not at all.

But anyway, its a good joke, these unusual formats.
                Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
                I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

See Unix time

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Saw that. I PM'd you about documenting code changes. I already documented the other changes you made. But if you will take a look at the code and ensure that I did find them all.
                    Yup, thanks for the reminder. Fixing now.

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                    The first notation is somewhat understandable: year, week, day, but the second not at all. But anyway, its a good joke, these unusual formats.
                    More on Unix epoch format: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Comment

Ahh, this is wonderful

Now using the date and time formats which make the most sense to me: ISO date* & 24hr time.

It's just consistent with how we represent numbers in general... the further to the left a digit in a string of digits is, the greater its value is. Year-month-day and hours:minutes. Anything else just seems nonsensical IMO.

* Although in KDE's Locale settings, I represent the ISO date (Long Format) as YYYY SHORTMONTH DD SHORTWEEKDAY, because it just looks nicer that way to me. For Short Format, I keep it simple with YYYY-MM-DD.
                      Last edited by HalationEffect; Sep 02, 2012, 06:43 PM.
                      sigpic
                      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

We are happy that you are happy. Happy, happy, happy.

We do try to please our members.

Comment

I feel that this thread can now be marked SOLVED.

Before Steve decides to add a Mayan calendar, and fuzzy time. "It's about a quarter to nine."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                            More on Unix epoch format: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
                            Thanks for this link. I now know this vital piece of Information:

That on 14. Juli 2017, 02:40:00 GMT, exactly 1'500'000'000 seconds passed since 1. January 1970 00:00 Uhr GMT.

This is truly a good reason to start the «Quatorze Juillet» festivities for a change very early in the morning.
                            Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
                            I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Working...
                            X