• Show
Clear All

How do I report spam on forum?

I've received unwanted spam from

Don Johnson

in my personal message box on this forum

How do I report it?

Re: How do I report spam on forum?

I'm not so sure what the policy of this forum is regarding spam PM's.

You could probably "forward" that message to a mod (claydoh, askreiger, Nirvana, etc.) by clicking on the "quote" button, then changing the "To:" input field to the moderator's name.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I got it too, was going to post about it.
      www.djdarknez.com

Comment

I just reported it (as a forwarded message) to claydoh

Comment

There should be a 'report this post' button to go to an admin box so users subjected to this trash don't have to go searching for an admin.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAudit
            There should be a 'report this post' button to go to an admin box so users subjected to this trash don't have to go searching for an admin.
            A good idea, but PM spam could really swamp an admin box (if all the users getting a spam PM would send it to another PM box)

Of course there should be some way to prevent spam (I think they are mainly submitted by bots)

Comment

I think this is quite a security issue in the forum. I've seen instances before where these bots would post spam. But PM spam? I think this is the first one I've seen...
              Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I got the Don Johnson message and did some checking. The source code showed an IP in California so I reported it to their tech contact. I also sent the owner of the domain it appeared to come from a message. This guy thinks he' funny but is just a time waster.

I agree we need a "I think this is Spam" button or something on the forums & IM's. His post came to me as an IM with no "refer tomoderator" button.

Comment

Um guys, I know this is annoying stuff, but this issue has been posted a couple of times already. The mods have been notified, although they're not yet online as of now. Timezone differences probably.

I think it would be best if we kept all posts within one thread in the proper section, don't you think?

You can send PMs to moderators about things like these, or post in the KubuntuForums Feedback section:

[similar thread] http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=7260.0
                  Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Please use other thread to reply
                    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=7260.0

Comment

Working...
                    X