This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMF 2.0

Are there any plans to upgrade the forum software to SMF 2.0 (or possibly 1.1.14)?

Release announcement

Just asking, since there probably is some manual labor involved

Re: SMF 2.0

Actually, we have a new Linux server running vBulletin software on Apache and we are working on getting data imported and tested. Then we will be cutting over to the new server. For this reason, we won't be upgrading to 2.0 here.

OS

Comment

Will the new server be configured to work with the Tapatalk client for Android?

Comment

Yes sir, it will!

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
          Actually, we have a new Linux server running vBulletin software on Apache and we are working on getting data imported and tested. Then we will be cutting over to the new server. For this reason, we won't be upgrading to 2.0 here.
          Ah, thanks. that answers my question.

Nice to move to apache/linux, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
            Ah, thanks. that answers my question.

Nice to move to apache/linux, btw.
            +1

Comment

Yes sir, it will!
              Thanks much!

Comment

Doesn't it give you a fantastic feeling when a plan comes together! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Not using a smartphone I had to look up [url=http://www.tapatalk.com/Tapatalk[/url].

Tapatalk is a mobile solution for online communities, empowering discussion forums with moblie access since 2009.

Forums Owners: Tapatalk allows your members to visit your forum anytime, anywhere. Learn more about Tapatalk and activate it for free today!
                Get the Tapatalk App for:
                iPhone
                vBulletin
                MyBB
                iPad
                IPBoard
                Kunena
                Android
                SMF
                phpBB
                BlackBerry
                XenForo
                Wow, did it leave any forum tool out?
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                  Doesn't it give you a fantastic feeling when a plan comes together! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
                  Indeed it does!

Tapatalk sort of works with the forum right now, but all I can do is read postings. Authentication fails, so I can't log in and see only new posts or reply to anything. I was going to file a bug report, then I noticed the plan to switch forum software, so I figured I'll wait to see how Tapatalk behaves after the switch.

Comment

OS
                    I've just noticed this - and I'm excited. For all that vbulletin is not FOSS, it's considerably more powerful than SMF or phpBB.

How is this implementation going?
                    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

It's going slower than some of us would like to see, but it is progressing. And, it is better to take as much time as is needed to ensure that the new site is setup the way it needs to be; that everything is working, and the Moderators are all on board with the management using vBulletin. Our host, Open Source said that he is planning on the move this month (January 2012). We are waiting with eagerness.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, that's great to hear. Which version of vb is going to be used?

(I had some other suggestions but I will hold on to them for now! - pretty much standard things in vb.)
                        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And, like most people who use & support FOSS, and this forum, he has a job and familly to attend to, so work doesn't always go as fast as some would like. Patient is a virtue.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, the plan is take the current site down temporarily while we export the data from here and import it into the new site. Of course the new site will have its quirks as we move forward, but we hope to resolve the issues as they arise.

OS

Comment

Working...
                              X