X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blog doesn't work well with rekonq

A suggestion for blogs:

use dotclear: http://dotclear.org/

I have used it, and find it quite nice and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Juul
      What's a frontend?
      Actually, a front-end is actually called a Portal. The forum software is, by itself, just the forum bits and nothing else. A portal is a third-party add-on that adds extra features and pages without going as far as a full-blown cms , such as Drupal, Xoppps, Joomla, etc.
      but still is integrated into the forum's look and feel

Our portal add-on is no longer maintained or developed, though there are a number of others available for smf

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
        Actually, a front-end is actually called a Portal. The forum software is, by itself, just the forum bits and nothing else. A portal is a third-party add-on that adds extra features and pages without going as far as a full-blown cms , such as Drupal, Xoppps, Joomla, etc.
        but still is integrated into the forum's look and feel

Our portal add-on is no longer maintained or developed, though there are a number of others available for smf
        Hmm, that's what I thought. I put together a couple of forums in order to learn about that kind of software and I don't see a web page "portal" as needing anything special. From what I've seen, most people use forum software as a building block and typically integrate it into other things such as web pages or blogs. I don't know how fussy SMF is, but I'm sure it can't compete with PunBB for speed and configurability. Certainly PunBB is the fastest of all the forums by a long shot, and that could be a welcome change (hint hint).

@sanette: Thanks for the mention of dotclear. I'm going to have a good look at that. Both me and my wife like to play with this stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X