X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging out

Hi

I tend to advocate the advantages of logging out of things (email accounts, bank accounts, subscription accounts, etc.) when we are done with them.

The advantages consist of personal security, personal security and personal security. And I happen to know that personal security on the Internet is no joke.

So: I suggest that in the top file menu, a very visible "log out" option be added. Logging out should be as easy as logging in.

Aside from that, I want to add that this is the only forum I return to again and again and again. Without it, I would probably have been a basket case as a (k)ubuntu user.

Re: Logging out

I agree with logging out of things like e-mail and other more sensitive accounts but forums are another matter to me. The situation with forums is that one gets two separate views because of the cookie problem. To me, one of the good things about this forum is that I can stay logged in and keep the same view all the time. On another forum that I frequent (which runs vBulletin), It is impossible to stay logged in, so when I need to post, the whole thing changes. Then, when I log out the cookies are cleared. It is a very difficult system to navigate. Since the Kubuntu Forum only shows the last 10 posts, it would be especially difficult here. Of course, I think it should be easy for users to do what ever they want, so I'm not actually against your suggestion.

Aside from that, I want to add that this is the only forum I return to again and again and again. Without it, I would probably have been a basket case as a (k)ubuntu user.
    Same here.

Comment

If you click on the two small arrows in the top left corner , the left sidebar appears.
      There, under "Personal Menu", is a very visible "Log Out" link.
      Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri sss
        If you click on the two small arrows in the top left corner , the left sidebar appears.
        There, under "Personal Menu", is a very visible "Log Out" link.
        Ah... now I see it!
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X