This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poodle icon

This post is not really about any "site improvement" since none is needed. I put it here because it is a question about the site.

I just noticed a little icon in the corner. It's white and fluffy and has two eyes - like a poodle - and holding something like a bottle or thermos. So I clicked it. Up came an edit box so I clicked save, and now the post (which happened to be mine) changed the "Last edited etc..." time. What's the point in that when there is already a "Modify" link. Is there a difference?

Re: Poodle icon

OK I need a screen shot so I can find this white fluffy poodle Because I don't see anything like that anywhere
    Using Linux since 1999<br />Current system openSUSE 11.3 <br />Toshiba A505-S6035<br />Intel core i7, Nvidia 300m GT<br />4 gigs of DDR3, SATA 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Comment

In the OPs case, the 'poodle' icon he sees is likely because of a specific theme he is using. The icon in question is the piece of paper and pencil ('edit') in the lower right corner of the post. Just another way to edit ones post.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's a pretty fluffy piece of paper but given that, the tubular shape is yellow and does indeed look like a very short piece of pencil when I think of it that way. For me, it is right above my IP numbers in the bottom right. Yes, it appears to just be a duplicate of the "modify" link in the top right. My personal problem is that I tend to concentrate on the text so hard that I bypass the pictures. In this case I had never noticed this one and without thinking just gave it a click to see what it did. Anyway, I'm a graphics throwback and total muddlehead when it comes to icons

Comment

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X