Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] Can't log on forum from second computer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Can't log on forum from second computer.

This is really odd: I went on a two week business trip. Installed Kubuntu Lucid on my old HP laptop and shut down my desktop computer before I left. First night in hotel went to log into the forum, and my username was not found! I even searched out one of my own posts to see that I was spelling my login correctly.

The only thing I can think of is having "keep my logged in forever" ticked...

Using lucid and latest firefox on both systems.

Please Read Me

Re: Forum Issue: Can't log on forum from second computer.

I'm having an intermittent issue which I think is the fault of chromium-browser, in which my (saved in the browser) forum password is not remembered, but upon re-entering it exactly the same, it does work.

To keep it interesting, sometimes it does work as expected. I have not seen this on any of the other 3 or 4 Forums that I occasionally visit.

Comment

Using lucid and latest firefox on both systems.
      tried logging in this evening using lucid, kde 4.4.4, and firefox 3.6.3 and have no problems...

mike

Comment

also, I should add that I logged in from the "keep logged in forever" option

Comment

I had just about decided that this problem was caused by my business laptop's windows firewall until last night when I installed Mint9 KDE on my desktop computer and I get exactly the same error:

Attached Files

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            I'm having an intermittent issue which I think is the fault of chromium-browser, in which my (saved in the browser) forum password is not remembered, but upon re-entering it exactly the same, it does work.

To keep it interesting, sometimes it does work as expected. I have not seen this on any of the other 3 or 4 Forums that I occasionally visit.
            After upgrading to FireFox 3.6.8 recently I noticed that 1) my fonts shrank, and 2) Kubuntuforum required that I log in, which I haven't done in months because I checked the "remember me" box.

But, it remembers me now.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Posting here again because this issue is still alive and well.

I decided that it was caused on my end by not logging out so I tried that and guess what? I can't log out! Then I deleted all my cookies containing "kubuntu". The after relaunching firefox I appeared to be logged out but received the same "That User does not exist" message when I tried to log in. Then when I hit the "Back" button, I was magically already logged in.

I did a new LL install to my laptop and still can't log in to the forum from anywhere but my desktop computer at home and I can't log out from there.

This is weird

Please Read Me

Comment

fwiw - I regularly switch computers and have (thankfully) not experienced any such problems
                Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I think I just figured this out...

My screen name is "oshunluvr" but when I did finally log out, and clicked log in without entering anything, the log in name that appeared was "oshunlulvr"

Apparently, I typo-ed when I signed up and forgot it because it was so long ago!

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: [Solved] Can't log on forum from second computer.

classic
                    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Been there. Done that.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Could the mods please move this post to the "Dummy" board? Thanks... 8)

Please Read Me

Comment

Can't do it. The "Dummy" servers are over loaded and over heated. We ALL contribute at one time or another!

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                            Could the mods please move this post to the "Dummy" board? Thanks... 8)
                            I think we should make this a sticky and required reading by all newbies. It will help raise their confidence level.
                            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ouch... :P

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X