X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lucid lynx forum? and qs

Why is there no lucid lynx forum?
    also was wondering if there would be replacements for defaults on kubuntu cd, such as koffice replacing openoffice? is there a list somewhere?

Re: lucid lynx forum? and qs

Because it is not officially released until April next year. This part of the Forum is called Help the New Guy. Any new guy with an ounce of sense will stay well away from Lucid until it is officially released (then some). To try it now, or in the next few months is to invite problems - BIG problems.

also was wondering if there would be replacements for defaults on kubuntu cd, such as koffice replacing openoffice? is there a list somewhere?
    Well we know that the Gimp is probably being dropped. This is developer stuff rather than user stuff. If you want to follow the developers you need to look at places like Planet Ubuntu (http://planet.ubuntu.com/) and The Fridge (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/). One of the best blogs around is probably OMG! UBUNTU! (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk) ...but don't be surprised if you get bored.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmandt
      There will be sooner or later...probably around the time the first alpha is released.

AFAIK replacing openoffice with koffice is still along term goal...but probably won't happen on lucid. Once koffice2 matures enough, it will certainly be an option.

Comment

Because it is not officially released until April next year.
        Nonetheless, that does not mean people are not using it, or that it should not be discussed.
        For now, there is:
        http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=377
        Although a lot of this seems more general chat than problems/solutions.

also was wondering if there would be replacements for defaults on kubuntu cd, such as koffice replacing openoffice?
        You can install gnome-office or koffice-kde4 any time you like.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I know it's not released for some time, I'm using it now, been involved in testing for a few releases now. I know last release had a dev karmic forum before its release, was wondering same for lucid dev forum.

I'm at least fairly active on the ubuntu dev forums so that ok.

thanks for the replies all

Comment

We will open a Lucid Forum around the time of the first official Alpha release, and then there probably will be only one catch-all board for it until around the beta or rc stage. That way i can (hopefully) provide more useful and up-to-date information on any issues for each sub-board in a sticky-topic.

Comment

Kubuntu Lucid links > Topic: Lucid Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.4
              Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
              1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
              2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Lucid alpha 1 has been out for three days now. As with previous releases, a forum would help those using it and those interested in it or thinking about using it.
                HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

I will open it soon, but be warned that it is rather buggy at the moment, though some recent updates should help there.

Comment

Working...
                  X