This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archive Posts

I know this is asking a lot but it would be great to have a system where the user can archive threads for later reference.

Bookmarking is great but is cumbersome. This way when someone reads a thread and wants to get back to it for some reason (like a great how-to or good info on a solution to an issue) he/she/it can find it in his / her / its/ archive any time they log in.

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Archive Posts

While not a perfect solution, you could start a Blog in KFN and use it to record your bookmarks (hyperlinks) to all that you deem worthy of noting.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      While not a perfect solution, you could start a Blog in KFN and use it to record your bookmarks (hyperlinks) to all that you deem worthy of noting.
      Good idea! The blog feature here is not used much anyway.

But does it have to be on this site? I have some text files on my computer which I use to put bits of info into - by pasting both text and links. All those desktops we can have in KDE come in handy. I keep one desktop which only has some consoles on it. Often one has an open file ready to paste text or links into.

Comment

Which is what I do as well - keep e-notes on my pc. But ...
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X