X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLI quick menu

Hi

I couldn't find anything regarding this and I'm not sure if it's meaningful to implement such a feature, could maybe cause more harm then good.

At least for me, I have trouble memorise by heart 'all' CLI commands when I would like to have quick access, of course I can (and do) google/forum search for them, but I find myself in a jungle of commands and pages of text for a supposedly quick task. "Hey - use notebook/pen/paper!", yupp I do, but sometimes, in a haste, I write something down that I have trouble to find or even read

I thought of a CLI quick menu at the side with the "Board-, Personal Menu and Calendar" with the most useful/helpful commands and what they do, could range between Beginner to confident user, in different categories in drop down menus for instance. More of a complementary then a substitute.

As said, not sure if it would be helpful, anyway - just an idea.

/Jonas

ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: CLI quick menu

We've all seen these cheat sheets, and usually they are not brief but go on for a packed page or two of 9 & 10 pt typeset. Too many commands, too many different user needs.
    My how-to, from which you can easily extract a 1-page (12 pt type!) summary to cover 80% of basic needs:
    -- Commands at Konsole: Beginners: 3 parts
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3091607.0

I need to add an APT summary, which I did include as an Appendix to Reply #6 here:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde....msg173127#new
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
    X