X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forbidden Topics ?

I just noticed this > Topic: psiphon

LinuxIsInnovation:
    Please do not ask for help on such topics.

Thread closed.

- Is psiphon a bad (quality) / dangerous program ?
    hmm, checking wiki and Ubuntu Forums (1)
    - Is it bad to break govermental internet censorship ?
    - Are there more forbidden topics ?

(1) Links:

> Psiphon wiki
    > psiphon, euh, I'm not able to compile...
    > Internet filtering coming for Australia
    > How would I create my own server to use at school?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Re: Forbidden Topics ?

I wrote a pm to linuxisinnovation asking for clarification. Below is a copy:

Forgive me for writing to you personally, but why do you close a thread which is asking for help against restrictive policies?

Surely this is something we ought to support! Can you point me to the page which lists software we are not allowed to discuss? How comes we are allowed to give out info on medibuntu which provides libraries illegal in the US but not on psiphon?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Is it bad to break govermental internet censorship ?
      Depends upon the user actually.
      It is okay if you all wish to support. The thread may be re-opened after staff evaluation.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a nosy bugger, though.

The thread may be re-opened after staff evaluation.
        Who's that then and how did they get there?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Please feel free to post replies to the psiphon topic. This site is open to all topics/questions except those posted by trollers, scammers, or those containing pirated material/links. Since this site is hosted in the U.S.A, I find no problem discussing/using psiphon

Thank you LinuxIsInnovation for your efforts and detailed scouring of posts. Your work is appreciated.

Comment

I think toad's last question above is a fair question. Naturally Open Source, this is your show and thus your choice what questions you answer.

Comment

um, maybe restate the question? not 100% sure what it is

Comment

Personally, I'm just shocked to find the ozzies acting like a third world dictatorship!

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
                  Personally, I'm just shocked to find the ozzies acting like a third world dictatorship!
                  i know, you would expect internet censorship in places like IRAN,Saudi Arabia,Cuba,China.
                  Australia was one of the last places i thought i would see it. and if they done it how much longer till the good ol USA dose it to
                  Still lerning linux after all these years<br />Kubuntu 9.04<br />

Comment

Well, the Ozzies had years and years of a not very forward thinking government. With a little luck the new administration might see the light...

Comment

Working...
                    X