• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swear replacer

Roll On Floor Laughing My Arse Off.
    8)

Edited to add:

That's strange.... the censor doesn't affect that ^^ rude word.

Comment

@agedhippy

Well, I'm an aged hippie too but the nick was taken. (chuckle)

I certainly didn't mean to be a troll so I hope you didn't mean that the accusation that you 'didn't throw', toward me. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't think there was any "censor" working, JavaScript or otherwise, it seemed like an artifact of the characters typed in the post. I too think it's harmless rather than mysterious.

Perhaps if I get my post count up, I would increase my credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by tinker
        @agedhippy

Well, I'm an aged hippie too but the nick was taken. (chuckle)

I certainly didn't mean to be a troll so I hope you didn't mean that the accusation that you 'didn't throw', toward me. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't think there was any "censor" working, JavaScript or otherwise, it seemed like an artifact of the characters typed in the post. I too think it's harmless rather than mysterious.

Perhaps if I get my post count up, I would increase my credibility.
        I most certainly wasn't aiming anything in your direction, tinker. If it seemed so, then i Apologise Sincerely.

A tinker couldn't live under a bridge, he's wandering the highways too much.

p.s.
        I'm glad that someone got the 'bridge' reference... i can be obtuse at times.

Comment

Originally posted by aged hippy

A tinker couldn't live under a bridge, he's wandering the highways too much.

p.s.
          I'm glad that someone got the 'bridge' reference... i can be obtuse at times.
          Good for you, most don't understand "tinker", either. Although, for me these days it's wandering the woods and watersheds, rather than highways. Occasionally, though, I do still fix things.

Rebtuse - yeah, I think it is an age thing.

The beauty is that now everyone knows, just because we discussed it. Maybe us old guys have some value after all.

Comment

Haha, I can always appreciate older phrases and words that may have been lost by a generation gap.

Without looking at the software that hosts this site, as I recall, there is some form of censorship going on. However, the main page and the forums are two different pieces of software, therefore, the censor function probably only works on the forum software and not the main page. I will have to look deeper into it. It would be better if it were the other way around so that would-be users who come to the main page don't see vulgar language and take offense.

Comment

Working...
            X