Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved - never broken] Hide email address option in Profile Settings broken?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved - never broken] Hide email address option in Profile Settings broken?

I have my email address hidden in my account settings, but it displays on my posts anyway... anyone else seeing this? Or do I just see my own because I am me?

I don't really care, but since i never check that address i wouldn't want people trying to email me at it, or have other unsuspecting new members getting spammed because of this...

Re: Hide email address option in Profile Settings broken?

Actually, it doesn't. You see it when you are logged in. Logout and then look at the posts you've made and you will see that your email address isn't visible.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Actually, it doesn't. You see it when you are logged in. Logout and then look at the posts you've made and you will see that your email address isn't visible.
      Duh. I suppose I could have checked that myself. Thanks.

Comment

Re: [Solved - never broken] Hide email address option in Profile Settings broken?

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
          Duh. I suppose I could have checked that myself. Thanks.
          I take that back... when i check without being logged on it doesn't show anyone's email address... so I would need someone else that is logged on to check... as guest, dibl's email address (for example) doesn't show, but when i log on, it does...

Comment

Re: [Solved - never broken] Hide email address option in Profile Settings broken?

If in your CP settings, you have enabled show email address, then it is visible to members of the Forum who are logged on. Guests are unable to see anyones email address.

Comment

Working...
            X