This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Questions

I know this is a Kubuntu forum, but there should be a place to ask questions about Windows, because people who already have accounts here should just be able to talk a about it.

Come for the Kubuntu discussions, stay for the Windows* discussions

* well could be about anything, windows in this case.

I am formatting my laptop now, and since I just bought I USB hard drive I can finally put my files I need away.

I have a tenancy to store crap on the desktop. It's really unorganized.

I was thinking in Windows 3.1 I never had this problem.

I wonder if there is a Windows 3.1 Program Manager Replica out there (of couse it would need updates for the new world on names longer than 8.3, etc).

It would be really cool. Preferably I could have a hotkey to bring it up, since when I wanna run a program I press Winkey + M to minmize all and goto the desktop.

It would also bring back old times in a way that helps me keep my computer more organized.

I would have less icons since I can make program groups depending on what a program does, how often I use it, or whatever I want!

I would really want that.

I am using Vista now, I am formatting and unsure about which new OS to install.... But I am sure that if it works on Vista, it would work on XP and hopefully in Wine...
    I asked that on Ubuntuforums and never got a reply yet....
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Windows Questions

As our host, OS, has posted right at the top of the main page of Kubuntu Forums:

"This site is here to enlarge the Kubuntu Linux user base by supporting its users in order to decrease frustration and increase the enjoyment of using Kubuntu."

There are plenty of Windoze forums on the 'Net. This Forum is about Kubuntu specifically, and Linux generally.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

But I already signed up on this forum.

Plus, lots of things can relate to Linux
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here is a board just for those questions.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?board=98.0

Comment

Working...
        X