Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamic list of Kubuntu posts from the Ubuntu forums.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic list of Kubuntu posts from the Ubuntu forums.

Although I don't agree with the separate Kubuntu and Ubuntu forums, as I discussed a long time ago, I have an idea to resolve this for a large part.

Why not present kubuntuforums.net visitors with a list of links to posts on ubuntuforums.org with the [kubuntu] prefix? Or even present it in a search?

Re: Dynamic list of Kubuntu posts from the Ubuntu forums.

You do understand (I hope) that the Kubuntu Forums is not affiliated with Ubuntu Forums, that KFN is wholly run, managed, and maintained by our host, Open Source, at his expense only?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Of course, as Snowhog pointed out, this is entirely up to Open Source. That said, I'm opposed to the concept. It's easy enough to click over to UF whenever you desire without filling limited space on this site with unedited links to that (or any other) site. In addition, the editorial policies at UF are so different from the policies here (e.g. unlimited length, run-on topics) that a simple listing of topics would be of limited utility.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        You do understand (I hope) that the Kubuntu Forums is not affiliated with Ubuntu Forums, that KFN is wholly run, managed, and maintained by our host, Open Source, at his expense only?
        I really don't get it why this has anything to do with the hosting of a forum. It is about giving Kubuntu users better support. This is the forum of Kubuntu (linked from the official Kubuntu site), so Kubuntu users will properly come here first. We should give the user as much informarmationa as possible. There are lot of relevant topics on the official Ubuntu forum. If users search for an answer it is a user friendly idea to list a search with or without the [kubuntu] prefix from ubuntuforums.org.

Comment

That's just the thing: If they need help with Kubuntu, then they should come to the Kubuntu site and then go to the forums. I know if I ever have problems (and lord know I have problems lol) that I'll go to the site of what I'm having a problem with, and look in the forums if the site has one.
          The early bird might get the worm, but it's the second mouse who always gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
          X