This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new and better theme for the forums?

The alternating white and blue blackgrounds are annoying to my eyes. Rip of the Ubuntuforums or something :P
    AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Re: A new and better theme for the forums?

this forum is great.
    so are its colours.
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Or maybe let the user choose their own color scheme out of a few choices. Maintaining something like that is daunting for one individual so you wouldn't want the manager handle a number of color schemes, but a few different schemes can help and they can be set by the user in their CP. Just a thought.

Comment

I hear you. I will see what I can do. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I like the existing color theme, but it probably wouldn't be hard to make a couple of new css files for the forums to make 'em different colors if some spoil sports really don't like the pretty blues.

Should I whip up something hideously lime green and black, and see how long it takes them to realize the blues are nice? :P Or alternatively, I could pretend to not be evil and make something pretty in the ubuntu forum colors requested, and see if anyone likes 'em.

I'll offer up a css file or three tomorrow if I get the creative bug and whip something up, and Open Source can decide if it/they should be offered up for use if anyone likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Kitten
            I like the existing color theme, but it probably wouldn't be hard to make a couple of new css files for the forums to make 'em different colors if some spoil sports really don't like the pretty blues.

Should I whip up something hideously lime green and black, and see how long it takes them to realize the blues are nice? :P Or alternatively, I could pretend to not be evil and make something pretty in the ubuntu forum colors requested, and see if anyone likes 'em.

I'll offer up a css file or three tomorrow if I get the creative bug and whip something up, and Open Source can decide if it/they should be offered up for use if anyone likes it.
            Sounds good, I know over @ avs forums I was going blind w/ the black and pink until I figured out how to make the pages more normal in the cp.
            [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

I've had similar thoughts about ubuntuforums.org rip-off in blue. It's been upgraded recently - so at the moment it is too white.
              I also liked www.kde-forum.org style - again don't visit it right now, because it is being upgraded and does not use the style I'm talking about (what a weird coincidence).

Comment

Working...
              X