Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing i dont really like about the Kubuntu forums is that you cant subscribe to threads (of if u can, i wasnt aware). for example say you are watching a ton of threads. well instead of searching for your name or the topics, having a page that shows all threads you are subscribed to, with the ones with the latest replies on top, would make things so much easier.

Also having a quick "mark as solved" option would be convenient

Lastly, a "Thanks" system when people can give you a "Thanks" for whenever you help them, then showing how many Thanks you have under your posts, would be a fun idea.

Of course some of you may realize that these ideas all come from the ubuntu forums. Now before anyone says anything about stealing ideas....just think:

we're all fans of linux and open source right?
    borrowing ideas is part of the open source philosophy.
    plus is from the ubuntu forums, and kubuntu and ubuntu are like family XD

Re: Thread tools and thanks system

Those would be pretty cool features to have; what we usually do is modify the subject title of the 1st post to include '[solved]' (or the like), which displays the thread as '[solved]' in search results. To thank members, we usually just PM them, and to subscribe to threads, we usually either post in that thread or click the "reply" button on the bottom-right of any particular post (which notifies you of any replies to that thread). You can view all your posts by clicking the "Profile" button on the top-right of the forum screen, and clicking the "Show the last posts of this person." button on the bottom of the center column. It's a slightly different system, but one that works once you get used to it.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Originally posted by Smatt454
      The only thing i dont really like about the Kubuntu forums is that you cant subscribe to threads (of if u can, i wasnt aware). for example say you are watching a ton of threads. well instead of searching for your name or the topics, having a page that shows all threads you are subscribed to, with the ones with the latest replies on top, would make things so much easier.
      For that, I use the "Show unread posts since last visit." and "Show new replies to your posts." links in the top right corner, below your username and PM's.
      The Nomad's Land - some Linux humor too

Comment

Lastly, a "Thanks" system when people can give you a "Thanks" for whenever you help them, then showing how many Thanks you have under your posts, would be a fun idea.
        There was kudos system (It is dead, hopefully it stays dead... )

Topic: Kudos System
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=13114.0

Topic: what is the kudos thingy
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086038.0

Topic: Kudos Type System
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=13095.0
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...