This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardy Forum

As the first alpha snapshot of 8.04 (Hardy Heron) is out, perhaps it's time to open up a Hardy forum for early testers?

Information:
    http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/12/...ha-1-released/
    https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyHeron/Alpha1/Kubuntu

Re: Hardy Forum

kubicle, I'm not sure I get it when it says:
    -------------
    The default KDE will be version 3.5.x. No worries for those of you waiting for Kubuntu and KDE 4, packages are available and have already released a [WWW] LiveCD based on Kubuntu 7.10, the Gutsy Gibbon.
    -------------

So if I want to see the new Kubuntu I run Hardy, but if I want to see the new KDE I still run Gutsy? or am I reading it wrong? I assume they are saying that KDE 4 is not stable.

Also, is there a place to download the KDE4 based iso that has torrents?

Comment

KDE 4.0 is still a release candidate (RC), meaning it still has not been accorded 'ready for prime time' status. It still has (according to posts by those who have taken it for a test ride) problems.

Hardy Heron Alpha1 is being released with the KDE 3.5.x [3.5.7 or 3.5.8] which is the stable version.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by lingenfr
        kubicle, I'm not sure I get it when it says:
        -------------
        The default KDE will be version 3.5.x. No worries for those of you waiting for Kubuntu and KDE 4, packages are available and have already released a [WWW] LiveCD based on Kubuntu 7.10, the Gutsy Gibbon.
        -------------

So if I want to see the new Kubuntu I run Hardy, but if I want to see the new KDE I still run Gutsy? or am I reading it wrong? I assume they are saying that KDE 4 is not stable.
        KDE4 LiveCD uses the stable Gutsy as a base, of course the KDE4 packages are available in the hardy repositories for installation.

The Hardy LTS version won't install KDE4 so it's not installed in the alphas either. I think there are plans made for a KDE4 version of hardy (which will not be an official LTS version).

I haven't seen one

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
          I haven't seen one
          Download kde4daily-0_0_1.torrent from linux tracker. Note: A downloader reported: "...unpacking with ark keeps failing with an error." and was given the suggestion to: "Try using bunzip2 from the command-line. Quite a few people seem to be using it successfully, so it should be fine. The MD5 of the compressed file should be 3ea6287f5052d26645e83ea91e1555b3."

Comment

KDE4 LiveCD uses the stable Gutsy
            Where would one find this LiveCD?

Thanks!!!
            |
            |
            |
            \/

Comment

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...3692#msg103692

Comment

Working...
              X