X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazilian Portuguese Forum + Site translation

Hello All,

I'd like to suggest, that we could have a Brazilian Portuguese Forum too, and if enoguh people use it, translate the whole site too. I'd like to moderate, translate and contribute with this Forum... my english it's not thaaat good, but i understand it very well, enough to translate the whole site.

The Most Kind Regards,

Germano.

Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil
    Visit my blog (Sorry, Portuguese Only, but already have a link to Kubuntu Forums).
    http://aquadry.blogspot.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese Forum + Site translation

Welcome X-Fire!

I'd have to say your english is very good. Even exceeding the average forum user who I would assume uses English as their primary language.

My fiance's father's side of the family is Portuguese. Her father moved to the US with his family when he was 8. They are from the Azores. I realize you are from Brazil and have a different dialect there, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Comment

Do you mean like having another forum in the multilingual section? if so post a poll to find out how many users speak it so that we know if it will be a benefit. thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

...if you build it, they will come.

Comment

Don't call me stupid, but is there a major difference between Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese? I only ask because I was thinking maybe I should just add Portuguese to the multilingual section. I guess what I am asking is if X-Fire can understand Portuguese?

Comment

X-Fire, would you be able to help me sometime to translate the forums? Thanks.

Comment

I see you were only active one day, and then never back. If you see this post, PM me. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
                Don't call me stupid, but is there a major difference between Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese? I only ask because I was thinking maybe I should just add Portuguese to the multilingual section. I guess what I am asking is if X-Fire can understand Portuguese?
                I'm portuguese and there are some differences between the two languages. Some words are used with a totally different meaning and the jargon which is applied pervasively in each language is specially confusing. There is also differences in the way some words are written (vector/vetor, acção/ação, etc..). Yet, both portuguese and brazilian portuguese speakers can clearly understand each other, at least after taking some time to get used to each other's idiosyncrasies.

And by the way, if there are plans to create a portuguese section, better make it PT instead of PT_BR. After all not only there are more PT users but they are also more active. On top of that, "portuguese" has a broader sense than "brazilian portuguese".

Comment

Ok, thanks for the input. I will get with you some time to add it. I need someone to translate.

Comment

Working...
                  X