Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get an image preview in default display of videos?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You say all three of those thumbnail programs show up in the pkg mgr, yet you don't have them anymore? Does that mean that you just removed two of them? I see that I have mplayerthumbs, too. Like you, I wanted to cover myself for any possible need. Thanks for the additional advice.

Btw, you clearly are more articulate than the vast majority of forum responders I've run across, so I guess you are not strictly a "computer type." And I sure appreciate your helpful KDE-buntu knowledge. I look forward to becoming functional with it, too. (I can't believe that I'd completely forgotten about ubuntu-restricted-extras and therefore didn't think to look for kubuntu's equivalent.)

Comment

Actually, what I meant was that all three of these packages do show up in my Muon Package Manager: ffmpegthumbs, mplayerthumbs and kffmpegthumbnailer. In the past, in past Kubuntu operating systems, I have installed all three of them (for some reason that, I'm sure, makes no sense.) However, in my 14.04, this time, I only installed the first one, ffmpegthumbs, which is doing the trick for Dolphin previews.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Ok. On to other things now.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
          Then again, you're right that some "techies" pick on one bit of what someone says
          It's a bad habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            habit.
            What is?

I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
              What?

I didn't say anything !

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                Obviously.

Comment