Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the contents of my Thunderbird-Lightning calendar into Korganizer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get the contents of my Thunderbird-Lightning calendar into Korganizer?

I'm sufficiently impressed with KDE that I believe I'm going to use Kubuntu as my main OS (I'll stick with (K)ubuntu because of its easy, online upgrades). I've installed Kubuntu 14.10 Plasma4 onto a partition and would love to use it right away.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. How do I create bookmarks for the contents of another partition in Dolphin?
    2. How do I get my System Load Indicator to show up with all of its graphs in the System Tray? There's an SLI icon in the System Tray, but no graphs. Right clicking it pops up numerical list of the measured components.

The answers to these questions will help me begin to get functional in Kubuntu. I can learn other things and work on it from there.

The Lightning calendar should have an export function somewhere, which you can then import into Korganizer.

1) Drag a folder to the right "Places" pane in Dolphin

2) There are other plasma widgets, and other tools like Conky, that may do more of what you are looking to do, but as a dedicated non-user of system monitor tools, someone else will have to chime in and give their useful suggestions for this

Comment

I use Thunderbird on Kubuntu very successfully. KDE is great, but you're not obliged to use all the desktop packages it provides!

Which system load indicator are you referring to?

The System Monitor (ksysguard) provides graphing, although I haven't got a system tray indicator for it - can't remember the name of the one I've used in the past.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        The Lightning calendar should have an export function somewhere, which you can then import into Korganizer.

1) Drag a folder to the right "Places" pane in Dolphin.

2) There are other plasma widgets, and other tools like Conky, that may do more of what you are looking to do, but as a dedicated non-user of system monitor tools, someone else will have to chime in and give their useful suggestions for this
        I found that I hadn't exported the right file from Lightning. Once I exported the right one, Korganizer imported it with all my Lightning contents. Thanks for the help, though.

This morning, reading KDE's manual, I learned how to bookmark folders; it just didn't work anything like what I'd expected.

I know about Conky and haven't looked into it because of its size but I still might. I've been using indicator-multiload-2, which is called System Load Indicator, and I still haven't figured out how to display its graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
          I use Thunderbird on Kubuntu very successfully. KDE is great, but you're not obliged to use all the desktop packages it provides!

Which system load indicator are you referring to?

The System Monitor (ksysguard) provides graphing, although I haven't got a system tray indicator for it - can't remember the name of the one I've used in the past.
          After I get accustomed to Korganizer, I just might install Thunderbird-Lightning to see which I prefer.

As I said above, I've been usingindicator-multiload-2. I see the large, clear graphs in Ksysguard. They clearly show the proportionality of the system components use; I appreciate that. But it isn't a real-time system, something I can monitor on the desktop, so I still hope someone can show me how to get the System Load Indicator's graphs to display. I also will consider Conky, but I'd prefer something less obtrusive, more discrete.

Comment

Working...
          X