X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 2000 "The Network request is not suppoted" samba

\\computername is not accessible.

The network request is not supported.
    I get this message on this one system I am running when I try to access the network (samba). I get this one when I use network neighborhood (the above it from "Run" and UNC path).

workgroup is not accessible.

The network request is not supported.
    It is an Dell Optiplex GX60 dual booting Windows XP and Windows 2000. This only happens in Windows 2000 and not XP for some strange reason. I am running 2000 now and the internet is working (I am typing this on that machine running Windows 2000) just not networking.
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Windows 2000 &quot;The Network request is not suppoted&quot; samba

Okay before I was trying to access a computer running Windows 7, when I booted it into XP it worked.

So I can connect from
    2000 to XP
    XP to Windows 7
    XP to XP (assuming)

but not from 2000 to Windows 7.

Tomorrow I am gonna bring my Laptop (Dual boot Ubuntu and Vista) to school and see if I can connect from 2000 to Ubuntu and 2000 to Vista.
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Windows 2000 &quot;The Network request is not suppoted&quot; samba

Okay so I brought my laptop and I could network:

2000 and Ubuntu
      Ubuntu and Windows 7
      Ubuntu and Vista
      XP and 2000
      XP and Windows 7

but not:
      Windows 7 and 2000
      Vista and 2000*

I could connect to Vista from Windows 2000 but could not connect to Windows 2000 from Vista, I would get a login prompt, like I would with XP, but when I typed in the username and password it still wouldn't let me in.

Comment

Working...
      X