X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fetching content with kio

Hi,

I am not sure this is the right place to ask but I'll try.

I am developing a tray application for kde that fetches content from a webpage and updates itself depending on the content it gets.

The page it fetches is an .asp-page, my problem is that if I reload the page in a browser I get new content for every reload but the page fetched with kio (KIO::TransferJob* job = KIO::get( url, true, false ) get the same content like it was cached, if I wait a long while I seem to get an update as if something timed out.

I have however checked with ethereal and the content is fetched from the net so it's not that I get a locally cached page, but for some reason it sends me the same data again.

Could it be related to cookies ? I see that the page makes use of some ASPSESSIONID in the cookie on this page. Anyone have any experience with that ? Can I modify the cookie using kio somehow ?

Re: Fetching content with kio

Some additoinal info, I see that the cookie strings are different in the tray application and in a browser when requesting new info:

TrayApp:
    Code:
    Cookie: Snitz00User=Cookies=foo&Pword=PASS&Name=NAME; ASPSESSIONIDSSTDQQQR=NJCIILLDNKJJJNJAJEMLPAAB
    Browser:
    Code:
    Cookie: Snitz00User=Cookies%3D%26Pword%3DPASS%26Name%3DNAME; ASPSESSIONIDSSTDQQQR=FLCIILLDBDDMCLOMBBMGNCFN; Snitz00User=Cookies=foo&Pword=PASS&Name=NAME; hml=pass=PASS&email=email@alfa.com

Comment

Apparently I had not tried properly in konqueror before because I now notice it has the same problem as my tray application, but both Opera and Firefox updates the page properly. Is this a bug in konqueror ?

Comment

This may be a question for konqueror's developers
        http://www.konqueror.org/

Comment

Yes.

Anyway a workaround for now is to delete cookies and relogin when the page shows the same content and then I get the new content. Downside is that it takes slightly longer for each request and that the traffic increases.

Comment

Working...
          X