This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Kubuntu Edgy stable?

Not trying to start a flame war or something, I am just wondering since I am using Ubuntu and are thinking about trying Kubuntu for a while(really like the environment).

I just finished reading an article about Suse Vs. Ubuntu on the nett. They mentioned that Suse is using KDE, while GNOME on Ubuntu. Then they are writing short that KDE is more unstable then KDE. Is this true when it comes to Kubuntu Edgy? "Stable" is importent for me.

And second question: Do you know if KDE 4.0 will bee in next Kubuntu?

Thanks for your help

Steffen

Edit;
    LOL: read the line "then they are writing short that KDE is more unstable then KDE." as
    "then they are writing short that KDE is more unstable then GNOME.

Re: Are Kubuntu Edgy stable?

Originally posted by Steffen
    KDE is more unstable then KDE
    That's what I call a compelling argument

Comment

And second question: Do you know if KDE 4.0 will bee in next Kubuntu?
      From the Kubuntu Wiki: "The big question for Kubuntu 7.04 is "Will it ship with KDE 4?" The answer is no. As it currently stands, KDE 4 is not scheduled to be completed prior to the official 7.04 release (see Feisty Release Schdule and KDE 4's FAQs), but packages will be available for developers and early testers."

KDE 3.5.5 is pretty stable in Kubuntu 6.10. I don't know what's the situation in 6.06 version.
      In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

I've been using Edgy for over a month now, and it seems MORE stable than Dapper.

It also seems like KDE is more stable than GNOME, but that's probably just a personal preference (a "look and feel" thing), since I don't have any solid evidence to back it up.

Check it out by booting off of a Live CD before you decide on installing it.

Comment

Working...
        X