This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE P990i on Kubuntu - HELP!

HI, I tried pluging in my Sony Ericsson P990i to my kubuntu box with the cable that comes with the package. I see the phone is charging but I cannot find the icon of P990i on the desktop or elsewhere. So I tried issuing command "lsusb" and I get output

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0fce:d030 Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c518 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

My aim is to be able to connect/sync my phone to kubuntu box, so i could sync my address book, transfer files, and install application!

Your thought and response to this matter is hightly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: SE P990i on Kubuntu - HELP!

there some appz to sync mobile phones. dunno if they support yourse but you can try.

gnokii an kmobiletools

i had no luck with my phone . on there site there is also a list of support.

Comment

Hi I tried to install gnokii an kmobiletools.. gnokie doesnt run, it open the splash window but nothing happens. On the Kmobiletools, it says thatt I dont have device plugin. It asking for a device address.. /dev/what_device. however, I do not know where the P900i mount or if it mounts. When I plugin the P990i on USB. no icon shows on the desktop, unlike with thumbdrive or in memory card readers.

Also, I have a bluetooth and was able to transfer files from pc to phone vice-versa... can I use this also for a connection to kmobile or any mobile phone 3rd party software ?

Your thoughts and response will be highly appreciated!

Thanks.

Comment

I don't have a P990i so I can't help much, but want to add that Kubuntu Edgy can detect my K750i's memory card.
        cheers!
        -=|From the desk of|=-
        «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
        «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
        «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
        Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Working...
        X