This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving KSpread Docs Extremely Slow

I am fairly new to Linux . . . I've used Ubuntu for about 6 months and decided to give Kubuntu a try . . . I like it so far, but I am having an issue with KSpread.

I just installed KOffice today (from the repositories) and decided to use it instead of Calc to create a simple spreadsheet . . .

It takes forever when I try to save it . . . and the load one of my cores shoots up to about 99% . . . Is this normal? Is KOffice that much of a resource hog? If not . . . are there any suggestions?

I've got a 2.8-GHz Pentium D, 2-Gig of RAM, and am using the latest generic kernel from the repos (32 bit) . . .

Re: Saving KSpread Docs Extremely Slow

I use Open Office instead of Koffice, so I may be offbase, here, but I think that your system shouldn't have very much trouble saving a simple spreadsheet with any reasonable software.. What was the size of the saved file? If it was less than several MB, I think you've got a problem.

Comment

Re: Saving KSpread Docs Extremely Slow

I switched from OpenOffice to KSpread because it's so much faster for a small spreadsheet, so I think this is not normal.

Peter

Comment

Working...
      X