This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde kicker won't show up

for some odd reason, my kde kicker (the bottom bar with the icons) will not show up when i stat kubuntu. if i kill it then start it from the console, it'll only flicker. i think its because i had some error while trying to install jre (jave runtime environment) through adept.

HELP

Re: kde kicker won't show up

Have you installed any apps that modify kicker in any way? Some time ago i tried to install SUSE kickoff K-Menu and it broke my kicker.
    In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

i have suffered from the same issue tonight. I seemed to inadvertently hit some keys and it disappeared, however a ps proved it still was running. Tried logging out & in and killing and running kicker again via alt+f2 but to no available. I have multiple users on my machine and they are not affected. Also tried 'touch'ing the kickerrc and a restart but that changed nothing. I think I have some config persisted in my session that may be preventing the kicker from being visible (I have it configured to auto hide). I read on a google search about a bug regarding the windows key + desktop number sent the kicker to only that desktop so not sure if that caused the issue, however, I cannot see the kicker anywhere!

Any help appreciated!

Comment

Press Alt+F2, type in kcontrol. Under the Desktop group, try to look into the Panels settings, specially the Hiding and Arrangement options.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Thanks Jucato! Once I changed and applied a setting the kicker reappeared . Still not sure exactly what was going on here though.

Comment

You can restart kicker with the following command (no need to log out):
            Code:
            dcop kicker kicker restart
            In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Working...
            X