This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Daemon

Making the ultimate wiki of hardware support. It's to help keep all the information about a specific piece of hardware for a specific OS in one place and up to date.

Would anyone be interested in a wiki such as this?

http://www.hardwaredaemon.org/ is the url, take a look, leave suggestions/feedback, lemme know what you think

Re: Hardware Daemon

For (K)Ubuntu users, at least, there is a good source of such information on the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki.

Comment

it's not just for kubuntu users though, it's for everything from Mac, FreeBSD, Red Hat, to Suse, it's for everything and everyone to get specific information for their specific OS with any piece of hardware they can find.

We're hoping to branch off into other directions if this idea takes up, which i imagine it will do, may take some time, but we'll get it off the ground eventually

Comment

Very nice idea to get one united hardware information storage.
        I thought about this few times, for example monitor database can really make life easier when configuring X.

Comment

Would you like to go at it with me?

It's non-profit so everything will be voluntary. It helps to have a few people passing ideas etc across. Lemme know if you're interested

Comment

I'm not a hardware guru, and can't dedicate too much time to it, sorry. Maybe it's worth to announce this thing in other forums also? Debian/Ubuntu/Gentoo?

Comment

Working...
            X