• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying kde-core

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kde-core

Has anyone tryed that? Is it faster?

Re: Trying kde-core

For me it is faster. It boots faster, it responds faster and the things that are installed are really chosen by me.

Stay tuned. I might be posting what I did when I installed kde-core. But it might not be as detailed as aysiu's guide. :P
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I tried it. It's faster. That's why I created that page.
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Hmm, i might try that then. What about dist-upgrades. Doesnt that make them harder?

Comment

Yes, theoretically, it would make dist-upgrades harder because you're supposed to have the appropriate metapackage installed before you upgrade (kubuntu-desktop, for example).

I don't know what to tell you.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

My kde-core Adventures

I should have already written and posted this weeks ago. But lazy as I am, I only finished this lately. Anyway, for your enjoyment (hopefully):

http://jucato.org/kde/kde-core.html

EDIT: changed the link.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
              My kde-core Adventures

I should have already written and posted this weeks ago. But lazy as I am, I only finished this lately. Anyway, for your enjoyment (hopefully):

http://jucato-core.blogspot.com/2006...dventures.html
              That's a great read. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Would there be any speed increase if kde is not the desktop environment.
                Secondly I got a slow connection bu can get the Cd's from someone, So possible to get kde-core from a cd?

Comment

Originally posted by grizzly
                  Would there be any speed increase if kde is not the desktop environment.
                  Yes, if you use XFCE or IceWM or Fluxbox.

Secondly I got a slow connection bu can get the Cd's from someone, So possible to get kde-core from a cd?
                  Most kde-core is part of kubuntu-desktop. The rest (very little else) wouldn't take so long then over dial-up.

Comment

Working...
                  X