This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating session specific settings?

I have two different sessions to choose from on my Kubuntu 6.10 one has Beryl running and the other is normal KDE. I want to use Wine and play World of Warcraft using OpenGL. From what I've read Beryl does not play nice with OpenGL. How would I make it so that my normal KDE session uses OpenGL, and my Beryl session does not? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Re: creating session specific settings?

Originally posted by caudata
    I have two different sessions to choose from on my Kubuntu 6.10 one has Beryl running and the other is normal KDE. I want to use Wine and play World of Warcraft using OpenGL. From what I've read Beryl does not play nice with OpenGL. How would I make it so that my normal KDE session uses OpenGL, and my Beryl session does not? Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (which isn't unlikely since I don't use Beryl, so I don't know much about it), but doesn't it need OpenGL?

Comment

I could have sworn so myself, but I'm not sure. I think Beryl uses aixgl which might be different from straightforward OpenGL. The post did seem to indicate though at the very least I shouldn't try running Wine and WoW under Beryl. Here is a link to the post I read http://forum.beryl-project.org/topic...ce-wow-feature Looks like it has to do with an incompatibility between OpenGL and aixgl. Beryl I guess isn't a normal Xorg session so no OpenGL. If I'm running normal Xorg I should be good to go. Just have to specify somehow the settings for the sessions.

Comment

The post you mention seems to talk about differences between XGL and Xorg, XGL is not the same as AIGLX, which should be compatible with standard Xorg, afaik.

Anyway, this page http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index....ntu/Edgy/AiGLX seems to suggest that OpenGL games will have problems under Beryl like you said. There are also instructions on how to add selection to start Beryl or not at login (KDM)...see the section 'Configuration'.

Comment

Working...
        X