This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE systemsettings application

I somehow disabled the "Show all" button in the KDE systemsettings application, now I have to restart it to choose another option from the menu. For example if I start systemsettings and open the Display properties, I am unable to get back the the main systemsettings menu and have to restart the application to get to any of the other settings.

I'm not sure how I did this, but it's very frustrating that there seems to be no obvious way to fix it. I tried purging the kde-systemsettings package and reinstalling, but that did not fix it.

grr...very frustrating...

Plautus

Re: KDE systemsettings application

I'm presuming this is on Dapper? Have you tried right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting Configure Toolbar?
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
      I'm presuming this is on Dapper? Have you tried right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting Configure Toolbar?
      I did look for something like that, there's only the title bar and the main window on the window now. I checked (I think) the user interface KDE config file and there seems to be code in it to make the toolbar:

/usr/share/apps/systemsettingsui.rc

<ToolBar name="mainToolBar">
      <Action name="showAll"/>
      <Separator/>
      <Action name="searchReset"/>
      <Action name="searchText"/>
      <Action name="search"/>
      </ToolBar>

<ActionProperties>
      <Action name="showAll" />
      </ActionProperties>
      Am I on the right track here?

Comment

Here's what you could do. Make sure System Settings is closed. Go to ~/.kde/share/apps/ and see if there's a folder there called "systemsettings". If there is, delete that folder. Then go to ~/.kde/share/config/ and look for something like "systemsettingsrc" if it exists. Delete that, too. Then try opening System Settings again.
        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
          Here's what you could do. Make sure System Settings is closed...Then go to ~/.kde/share/config/ and look for something like "systemsettingsrc" if it exists. Delete that, too. Then try opening System Settings again.
          Deleting the rc file did the trick, thanks for the help. There will be no tip, but on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.

Comment

Working...
          X