X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Icons

Ok, it is irking me and I have to ask;

Why does Kubuntu not include the Kubuntu logo in place of the KDE kog? So far I have yet to find a screenshot that includes the Kubuntu logo instead of the main menu Kog and I wouldn't be so annoyed by it except that Kubuntu's blue-circle logo would be perfect!

If there is a legitimate reason, then is there an easy way to change it or do I have to do it myself (I've done it once before with Gentoo I think)?

Being able to look at various screenshots and see by the icon what distro is used is quite nice and looks more professional and I think the Kubuntu's colors and shape lean it to being a perfect replacement.

Sorry if it's been asked numerous times before, I haven't found the answer yet. If I have to change it manually I'll post the methods (but first I have to get the Kubuntu Cds).

(P.S. I originally posted this in the Documentation section which I believe is not the right place, so I deleted it from there and placed it here.)
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Re: Kubuntu Icons

Sorry for the delayed response. After a bit of blundering around, I finally found the file /usr/share/apps/kicker/builtins/kmenu.desktop. At the very end of that file, there is a line that says "Icon=kmenu". With that clue, the konsole command "locate kmenu.png" found the usual icon in several sizes in /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg and some others in different icon themes. I would say if you're capable of drwaing your own (or know someone who could come up with something after perusing the Kubuntu logo), the best thing to do would be to call it something like "kubuntulogo.png", reproduce it in a vairety of sizes from 16x16 to 128x128, then you can put this icon in any and all icon themes that you'd like and change the line in kmenu.desktop to "icon=kubuntulogo".

Comment

Re: Kubuntu Icons

Sounds great! I'll look at giving it a try now that I finally got the CDs and found out that Kubuntu works even better than Ubuntu on my older, slower desktop.

It sounds like it shouldn't be very difficult to make the icons and create a script to modify the KDE file just to automate the process. Then again, I haven't tried yet...
      Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
      DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
      Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Working...
      X