This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems after attempting to upgrade from 20.04 to 20.10

Alright so I tried upgrading to 20.10, decided I wanted to switch from lts for more up to date controller support and such. After upgrading to 20.10, I have this horrific artifacting through out the system and I am just trying to figure out what happened. I just don't know what happened hear. I tried looking through some solutions and I just don't know what I am supposed to look for in the logs. It runs fine when booted from recovery mode but the artifacting starts the moment I try to boot it normally.

sample of the artifacting here. I am willing to post a log later when I have a chance and have some direction to look in, I just don't want to bring an extremely bloated results because I don't know where to look. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help in this.

Update: just destroyed my system trying to reinstall systemd, seemed to be where the error was coming from. At this point, it's easier to reinstall kubuntu compared to trying to salvage this thanks to my dumb butt. Sorry to anyone looking into this and making a wasted thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ninetale3; Apr 23, 2021, 10:30 AM.
Working...
X