This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with PlasmaZilla?

Always something new to learn on this forum, just stumbled over a post mentioning PlasmaZilla. https://launchpad.net/~plasmazilla/+...buntu/releases

And after a bit of research this looked like it might address my single most annoying issue with Firefox which is that the file diaog doesn't allow you to enter a path in the address bar.
    One always has to click folder by folder until arriving at the destination, instead of just pasting the path I might have in the clipboard already.

Well, took a quick btrfs snapshot and installed the ppa...and indeed Firefox / SaveAs now shows a proper file dialog with an editable path !
    But I also noticed that both, Firefox and Thunderbird are behind the regular releases.
    For Firefox it's 60 instead of 60.2
    For Thunderbird it's 52.9 instead 62.x

Couldn't find much information about PlasmaZilla let alone anything related to the release policy on their site so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has got any experience with PlasmaZilla?

That applications are a bit behind the regular releases maybe a reflection of the additional work needed to be done. Why, even "regular" Firefox from the standard repo lags the Firefox from Mozilla by a day or more.

I don't use Plasmazilla.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
    X