• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba USB 3.0 Hard Drive external 1 TB

Well,
    hmmmmm
    well...
    This is the absolute largest usb drive that i have EVER used for data backup and well...

It is the very first drive that would take ALL of my home folder and not choke on this or that.

Copying home to it went... easy.

woodjustsayin'smoke

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    Well,
    hmmmmm
    well...
    This is the absolute largest usb drive that i have EVER used for data backup and well...

It is the very first drive that would take ALL of my home folder and not choke on this or that.

Copying home to it went... easy.

woodjustsayin'smoke
    Thankfully it's not a Western Digital Passport USB drive. I bought two of those suckers (320Gb) and one failed within months. I minimize the use of the other one out of fear of failure.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Several months ago I bought a couple Western Digital USB 3.0 external HDD 1 TB for backups. They are powered by the USB port. 5400 rpm drives are whisper quiet. I have a Seagate GoFlex Home 2 GB network backup device that is 7 years old. I discovered it has a tiny version of Linux on it. It is getting old and I wanted an easier to use solution since fighting Samba shares has been a hastle. This solution is so much easier.

-=Ken=-
      -=Ken=-
      "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
      DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
      X