This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Books

Are there any decent reference books that anyone would recommend. I have a fairly broad working knowledge of computers in general (mainly windows systems) and am getting into linux in a big way (kubuntu rocks).Ideally I'm looking for something kubuntu specific but if there's nothing about then it would need to be a more generic linux book but which is easily applicable to kubuntu.

Re: Kubuntu Books

As of now there isn't any books about Kubuntu. However, there are books on Ubuntu. Most of these books cover Kubuntu in one chapter. I have a couple Ubuntu books that are good. I have "The Official Ubuntu Book" and "Ubuntu Hacks". They're based on GNOME obviously, but there is good information about terminal commands, hardware and administration. You can always supplement an Ubuntu book, with a book on KDE.

Will

Comment

Thanks for the info, can you recommend a decent book covering KDE in that case.

Comment

You can do a search on amazon.com, or look in your local bookstore. I personally don't own a book on KDE, but after searching online, the books look outdated. Hopefully you can find a newer updated book in your area.

Will

Comment

Working...
        X