X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] KDE Connect file browser and more

I know a number of you use kdeconnect - well, woodsmoke at least

And I've seen some threads about issues with 16.04. I'm still safely on 14.04, but the kdeconnect file browser has stopped working for me in the past few days. Even after restarting the phone and the desktop, and unpairing and repairing, I get "Failed to mount filesystem: device not responding"

Now I've often had occasional dropouts with kdeconnect, sometimes fixable by sending a ping, always fixable by restarting or re-pairing. Not this one.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm on 0.8-0ppa3+pkg7~ubuntu14.04.1 on KDE
    and plain "version 1.0" on Android
    Fully updated on both

Looks like it might be an issue with not having the latest version packaged for 14.04 - what versions do you have?
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

kdeconnect stopped working for me on 16.04 (ver 0.9) when they updated the android side to 1.0. I haven't tried grabbing and compiling any pre-release code for it yet to see how the new features are coming along.
    Last edited by claydoh; Jun 08, 2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I'm using v0.9g-1 under Debian Unstable and kdeconnect works fine. So - there is hope

I imagine someone's PPA'd a later version somewhere.

edit: Yup. Found one - but it won't help you much with 14.04 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdeconnect-plasma
      Last edited by wizard10000; Jun 08, 2016, 04:45 AM.
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

Thanks - looks like a good plan would be to compile myself. I can see where to get the source from (using git) and I imagine there will be build instructions in it ... just going to take a bit of work!
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
        X