X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Urban Lightscape, Tintii and XNView

Hello
    I like photographing and then playing with various filters and tool. Of course I use mainly Gimp, but do not shy to use other tools as well.
    Tintii is one of those tools, and it is in the Repos.
    I now found out on its original website another application, Urban Lightscape, with some great effects.
    However, I have problems to install the deb-package due to an unsolved dependency with «wx» libs.

Now, can somebody please tell me into which thread this questions, and possibly some help should be asked?

I am back to 14.04 for the foreseable future, I do not want to use various desktops without the possibility to identify them with a different background.
    Last edited by Arran; Nov 07, 2015, 10:25 AM.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Which forum : I'd suggest Kubuntu Catchall since it's not release-specific and not about KDE itself.

To solve the issue, you could search their forums for anyone who's packaged it for *buntu. Or you could search the web for a ppa (personal package archive) including it.

Failing that, post the actual dependency error message. If it's wxWidgets, the package needed may be in the repos.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Thanks. Therefore I am in the right thread. OK I start with the story tomorrow.
      I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Installing Urban Lightscape, Tintii and XNView

Hello

I am back. I used the time to make first a simple search with Startpage: PPA for Urban Lightscape. The first link was a Polnish website; however with the exception that they have a PPA, there was not much to understand. They also have a list of many photographic tools, like Tintii and XN-View. I consequently looked down the list and found this Website.

Now here came a good description of Urban Lightscape as well as the command line commands to install the PPA including all those programs. Installing the PPA and then the three programs was really quick and painless.

So, I tried to amended the title of this thread, but it did not work. Perhaps a moderator can do this and transfer this topic to a better suited thread. I also do not mind, if she/he would change my entry text.
        Last edited by Arran; Nov 07, 2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X