This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now I've done it

Now i've done it. I lost everything but windoze, don't ask why or how I could kick myself for being stupid. Reload Kubuntu, starting setting it up, downloading packages and things. I now can't login get message that conversation with kde failed. How can I reset my password? I think I will have to boot in recovery and then get to root. Don't know what to do after that?

I also I'm getting a message that my disk is full. I have 27G for Kubuntu +16G for storage. Also have 5G ./ and 1G swap. How can that be?

Re: now I've done it

Originally posted by Scott
    Now i've done it. I lost everything but windoze, don't ask why or how I could kick myself for being stupid. Reload Kubuntu, starting setting it up, downloading packages and things. I now can't login get message that conversation with kde failed. How can I reset my password? I think I will have to boot in recovery and then get to root. Don't know what to do after that?
    You can change a user password in recovery mode (logged in as root) with:
    Code:
    passwd <USERNAME>
    replace <USERNAME> with your actual username

Originally posted by Scott
    I also I'm getting a message that my disk is full. I have 27G for Kubuntu +16G for storage. Also have 5G ./ and 1G swap. How can that be?
    One possibility is that you haven't cleaned your package cache in a long while (or you have done lots of updates recently).
    You can clean cached packages with:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    deletes obsolete packages (that are usually useless to have around)
    or
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean
    deletes all cached packages

Comment

Re: now I've done it

Thanks kubicle: This is a new install, Ithink it may have been something when I installed universe packages. See what I can do.
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      X