This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] WHAT is my cat doing?!

Okay, so my little princess...the top dog--so to speak--in the family, has now done SOMETHING not once, but twice that totally reset my beautiful desktop. For starters, this is how it should look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_desktop_080415.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	649028

Both times, she walked across the keyboard from its top, left (as I'm looking at it) corner and then, BAM!, all of my wallpapers were gone, with each desktop's image reset to the default K image. The first time she did this, the desktop cube's background wallpaper also got zapped, but the second time it did not.

I have NO IDEA what she's stepping on that's causing this! Any ideas?

BTW, it REALLY isn't a big deal. If anyone recalls way back when, when we put our heads together to LOCK DOWN my mother's desktop, well, I learned a thing or two. So a few keystrokes and it's back to normal, but I'm just curious as to what the hell she's walking on!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

cats are smart,,,,,,,,,,,and the dang thing has figured out some obscure hot key combo that will remove the dog from the screen ,,,,,,,,,,, and so is telling you it's jealous.

I do not rely know ,,,,but when you figure it out ,,,post the key combo .
    and what are your magic few key strokes that restore it ? wile we are at it

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      cats are smart,,,,,,,,,,,and the dang thing has figured out some obscure hot key combo that will remove the dog from the screen ,,,,,,,,,,, and so is telling you it's jealous.
      Good theory, but wrong! That's her big brother, Freddie, whom she adored. He and his [real, biological] sister, Queenie, taught Joy that she's really a Great Dane trapped in a 10 pound cat body. These pics are from Joy's childhood:

Name:	11-28-04_1343.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	642992

Name:	12-21-04_0006.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	642993

Name:	02-04-05_0075.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	642994

I do not rely know ,,,,but when you figure it out ,,,post the key combo .
      *IF* I figure it out!

and what are your magic few key strokes that restore it ? wile we are at it
      Oh, just restoring a backed up copy of my ~/.kde directory.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X