This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy or hard

I have a machine with win7 installed on SSD. All the data is installed on three 1Tb drives using ms striped volume formatted NTFS.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	649026

Can I access this from Kubuntu? And will it be read-only (usable) or full access (preferred)

If you set the data folder(s) to be shared, then you should be able to access it/them via samba on a Kubuntu system, over your LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
      If you set the data folder(s) to be shared, then you should be able to access it/them via samba on a Kubuntu system, over your LAN.
      Wondering if I can access them dual-booting

Comment

Not likely, unless the RAID controller happens to have a linux driver.

Comment

It is possible. My win is in a 2 drive raid 1 on an amd chipset.
          I can see this raided os drive just fine in my linux which is on separate non-raided drive.
          Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

It's actually striped using windows itself. The raid drive on this mobo is useless. Doesn't work with any OS. and the name it assigns the array is 10 miles long.
            Think I'll just run virtual machine son this computer uder win7. use the other machine (kubuntu 14.04) for linux work

Comment

Originally posted by vsreeser View Post
              It's actually striped using windows itself.
              (1) Heh -- I did not even know that is possible.

(2) I can't imagine that a booted Linux system would have any indication of what the Windows OS did to itself and the drives -- it would simply see two hdds with garbage on them.

Comment

I am not entirely sure of that it would not work... I would be curious to try it at least.
                Linux certainly seems much more raid and windows friendly than the other way around.
                Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
                X