This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MULTI BOOT] Add livecd to grub

Tried following some instructions I found to add livecd's to grub. None of them worked. I may not have found the right tutorial. So, thought I would ask here and see if anyone can point me in the right direction. I can use virtualbox for some things, but there are times when a livecd would work better and I don't want to burn a copy

look hear ,,,,,,, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/ISOBoot

if you cant get it ,,,,,,,,,, post back where the .iso lives in your file system drive,partition,path ,,,,,,, and the type ver. of .iso and we will try to give you a "menu entry" to put in /etc/grub.d/40_custom that should work ....

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Can I use the iso's I have sitting on an NTFS drive? It is mounted in /data If not, i can copy tnem to an ext4 drive. Space is plentiful

Tried that, didn't work. now tryign with iso's at /livecd
      Last edited by vsreeser; Feb 15, 2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsreeser View Post
        Can I use the iso's I have sitting on an NTFS drive? It is mounted in /data If not, i can copy tnem to an ext4 drive. Space is plentiful
        yes (I think it will go to NTFS /maby),,,,,,but check this out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I just installed "grml-rescueboot. " it creates a directory /boot/grml . you place the .iso you want (or more) in /boot/grml ,,,,,, run
        Code:
        sudo update-grub
        and bam you have a "grml rescue" boot entry in grub that boots the .iso neat .

I am running on the 15.04-beta2.iso right now booted this way .

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

It worked with backbox. Did not woprk with Kali. Pulling vivid down now with bit torrent

Comment

DL'ing Kali to try it

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Backbox and vivid work. Kali did not. They just blinked and went back to grub boot screen. I can install all the kali tool in Kubuntu. Trying to install vivid on a partition I carved out
              Last edited by vsreeser; Feb 16, 2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

ya kali dident want to boot with the grml-rescueboot @hear either ,,,,,,,,,,, going to put it on a usb and see what happens and try my own 40_custom

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Win7 blew up so tried new things. Tried using bios raid. Wouldn't install with 3 1Tb drives, so I tried 2. Installed, didn't boot. Looked at software raid, decided not to open that can of worms. Going with 1Tb drive for Kubuntu, 1 for Kali, and maybe 15.04 and 1 for storage. Then maybe I'll stop blowing up the computer and actually get something done. Never content with what I have. 'Cept wife, kids, and car. They're keepers

Comment

Working...
                  X