X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 15 forum section

Hi all and a belated Happy 2015

I just noticed we don't have a separate section in the forum for the Kubuntu 15 release. I am sure it will raise a few questions. ( i know, i have a few ).
    Maybe it is there and i just missed it. If so, ignore this thread.
    sigpic

There won't be a forum for 15.04 until February 26th, when Vivid Vervet goes Beta. We don't establish forums for new releases while they are still in Alpha testing.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for that, Snowhog. i thought that might be the case
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        There won't be a forum for 15.04 until February 26th, when Vivid Vervet goes Beta. We don't establish forums for new releases while they are still in Alpha testing.
        Are there still valid reasons for this decision?

I'm seeing quite a lot of Vivid related threads that are now kind of all over the place. It seems that there are quite a lot early adopters and testers amongst our members.

Personally I wouldn't mind if we had a permanent forum for the development version (it could be renamed to the release version once release happens), but I would also understand opening forum in the alpha stage...but beta stage seems a tad late (since we really seem to be getting a number of threads before that stage anyway).

Of course people running the development version shouldn't expect the same level of support as release versions, but it could be nice to have a place to discuss new features, possible bugs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          I'm seeing quite a lot of Vivid related threads that are now kind of all over the place. It seems that there are quite a lot early adopters and testers amongst our members.

Personally I wouldn't mind if we had a permanent forum for the development version ...
          I agree with kubicle.

Comment

I could see maybe, possibly, perhaps opening it up at the last alpha before the beta, but the issue really is that any earlier brings forward more temporary bugs, packages constantly being pushed out to the repos, as well as the constant changes that the topic is quickly filled with useless posts on things that are no longer valid or temporary log jams.

Maybe going back to a pre-release-testing topic for Vivid (as the sole topic, that is), as we used to do, then opening the full slate of 15.04 subtopics closer to the final release.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              Maybe going back to a pre-release-testing topic for Vivid (as the sole topic, that is), as we used to do, then opening the full slate of 15.04 subtopics closer to the final release.
              Makes sense to me.
              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I could see maybe, possibly, perhaps opening it up at the last alpha before the beta, but the issue really is that any earlier brings forward more temporary bugs, packages constantly being pushed out to the repos, as well as the constant changes that the topic is quickly filled with useless posts on things that are no longer valid or temporary log jams.
                I can certainly see where you are coming from, but IMHO we seem to be getting these type of posts anyway, just in different places on the forums.
                I'd think it would be better to have them in one place, a place where one can expect some level of transient noise

Comment

Working...
                X